Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vacation - Part 2


The first two days it rained all day, but that was fine with me. I just enjoyed my sunspot. Actually, that was my preferred activity for the whole week! My dad kept trying to get me to go swimming. I still hate swimming.


It was nice to see my Uncle Walter. He's getting a little hefty - he's kind of a sausage dude! He gets to eat a lot of people food. My grandpa even microwaves his leftovers for him. Spoiled!

Walter doesn't really like swimming either, but he also has his own life vest for when he goes boating. We got to run around in the trees and pee on stuff. He's also a good snack-scout. The humans had to hide EVERYTHING edible from us - we're clever!

Walter, maybe if you lost a few pounds, I'd send your picture to the lovely doxie Lorenza! Es una chica bonita!



Do you see the red boat in this picture? My humans went out in this boat with me! I got to ride in the front. Sometimes I actually stood on the front of the boat where there were no seats ("I'm the king of the world!") but my humans didn't really like that. I only fell in once. I hate swimming, but I like boating!



At night, we would sit by the campfire. I snuggled with my mom. (She's hiding from the bugs in her hoodie!) Does anyone know of any safe bug-spray for dogs? My mom was nervous about using human spray on me. There were a lot of humans there - 11 in all! They were all my mom's family.

My cousin Bailey was there for part of the week, and for some reason he LOVES fire. He would chase the embers from the campfire around. He didn't want to just sit and look at it and wait for someone to drop their marshmallow on the ground. Weird!

5 comments:

Balboa said...

I bet snuggling with your mommy by the fire was so warm and toasy. Taht's a good question about the bug spray, I don't know either.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Wow, looks like you're having loads of fun! J x

Molly the Airedale said...

That campfire sure looks inviting. Did you get to roast marshmallows and sing campfire songs? I can't answer the question about bug spray. I hope someone else knows though!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Ume said...

thx for sharing, Lenny!
it muz be real fun to go boating!

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hey you got a summer cut like me!

Bussie Kissies
Buster