Monday, August 27, 2007

Thin Man?

While my dad has been gone, my mom took over the Netflix queue and requested every wire-haired fox terrier movie she could find that we had not seen yet. On Jackson's recommendation, we watched "Dumb Witness" with Hercule Poirot and Monsieur Bob the WFT (two paws up!). We also watched all of the rest of the Thin Man movies (we had only seen the first two). The later ones were not quite as good as the earlier ones, and my mom said the ladies' outfits were not as fun, either. But Asta did some cool tricks.

I have a couple of Thin Man trivia questions if anyone can help me out:

1) Is Asta different in the last two movies? His coloring looks completely different.

2) My mom read or heard somewhere that in one of the Thin Man movies, someone plays in the piano while Asta sings along. We didn't see it in any of the movies! Is this from a different movie?

(Also, we're working on getting some footage of my lovely falsetto on the blog! Coming soon!)

My mom also went to see the movie "Underdog" without me. Even though Underdog was some sort of beagle, and not a WFT, she said it was a very fun movie.

14 comments:

Daniella said...

I have an Ike toy too but I bit off his nose and took out some of his stuffing! Mom and I enjoyed the Poirot movie very much too. I believe there were several 'Astas' who appeared in the Thin Man movies.
Sorry to hear you get itchies too. What shots do you get, cortisone? And how often? You can email mom at editordan2002@yahoo.com.

Charles L. said...

Yay, another new Lenny post! I'm coming home in two days, you know. So it's back to artsy foreign films.

"dad"

Balboa said...

I gotta check out these movies.

Frenchie SNorts
Balboa

Unknown said...

Hi Lenny,

I'm Smitty, a fellow Wire Hair and I was named after one of the WFTs you asked about in your movie quiz. The movie with the singing Wire is "The Awful Truth." The same Wire that portrayed Asta in the first few "Thin Man" movies, (Skippy is his real name) and "George" in "Bringing Up Baby" played Mr. Smith, AKA Smitty. Cary Grant played the piano and that wily wire Skippy/Smitty "sang." Better than Frank Sinatra if you ask me! (Mom, who is Frank Sinatra?)

Say Lenny, are you sure you're not named after Leonard Bernstein?

Smitty, AKA Mr. Smith

Gus said...

Wirefox already answered your question, so just a hi and good job on the post.

Agatha and Archie said...

We love those movies too!! Love A+A

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey Lenny...found you on Axel's blog! Neither of us has ever seen an Asta movie...we definitely need to check them out!!!!! Come and play in our blog sometime!
Wiry barks and Lakie kisses,

Scruffy & Lacie

Ume said...

"Underdog" will be showing in my country soon!
will be looking out for dat video!

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I see that Smitty has already answered your questions. Glad you like Dumb Witness. Monsieur Bob totally steals the show. I love the bits in the Thin Man films where you can see Asta is barking yet no sounds comes out! I reckon a lot of editing went on to drown him out! J x

William Tell said...

Good dog, Smitty, for coming up with answers for us. Trivia is fun. I love learning more about wires in movies.

I plan to be a movie star some day, maybe a Bond movie. What do you think?

William Tell

Unknown said...

Hi WT,

I think that you'd make a smoooooth Bond!

Stanley said...

Lenny,

Even though I'm an aireboy, I have a very big soft spot in my goober heart for WFT's. I need to check the Thin Man movies out. Sorry I can't help with the trivia.

Goob love,
Stanley

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lenny
Glad to see you back! Those computer problems are not fun!! I hope your dad can do something for your mom's computer!!
We haven't seen those movies! We need to check them!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Asta said...

Lenny,
I love the twick Bob does with the ball..I wish I had staiws...
I'm not suwe ,but I think they did use a diffewent doggie in the latew movies..I'll twy to find out... I didn't like the latew ones as much cause thewe was too much with the stoopid hooman puppy,and Mommi agwee about the clotheses...The Awful twuth is a gweat film!
smoochie kisses
Asta