In honor of the people Olympics in August, I will be hosting our own DWB games to promote global peace and friendship.
The Paw-Limpics will be a photo contest, and you may enter as many events as you would like. The way to enter is to email your picture of you participating in the event to pawlimpics (at) gmail (dot) com. Teams are allowed for events as well.
Aquatics - swimming, diving
Synchronized swimming or other activity
Any kind of ball game
Making a mess
So for instance, an entry to an event might be something like this picture of me and Rosie, doing our synchronized napping routine. This photo would also qualify for the Sleeping event. You might submit a photo of you at Agility class for the hurdles or high jump categories, for example.
You are invited to create your own event as well to propose to the Paw-Limpics Committee. When events are added, they will be announced on the blog.
1. No doping.
2. There will be separate categories for original photographs, and photographs that have had some human/computer editing and assistance (i.e. Photoshop)
3. You must indicate which event you are entering when you submit your picture.
4. You are allowed to participate in multiple events, but please send only one entry per event. You may submit one photo to several different events if it fits into the category.
5. Everyone from Dogs With Blogs is invited! And photos taken of you a long time ago are allowed.
6. Please send submissions and any questions to pawlimpics (at) gmail (dot) com.
7. The deadline for submissions is July 31st. Winners will be announced during the human Olympic games, which begin on August 8th.
8. If your photo wins, it will be featured on my blog.
9. Be creative!
There will be a Paw-Limpics Bone (instead of a torch) Relay around the world in preparation for the Games. Please let me know if you are interested in being a part of the relay.
The Olympics motto is "Citius, Altius, Fortius." The Paw-Limpics translation is Louder, Furrier, Droolier.
I can't wait to see your submissions!