Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good news, bad news


I am getting a new canine cousin! Meet Gracie, a lab-husky mix puppy. She is going to live with my mom's cousin. I hope I get to meet her soon. Isn't she a cutie?

Scruffy and Lacie asked me if I was an Illinois fan...I hope maybe they were kidding with me because we LOVE THE BUCKEYES!!!! And Illinois beat the Buckeyes this weekend, so they're not #1 anymore. I think Scruffy and Lacie are Penn State fans, right guys? I like the name of their coach - Joe Paw!

Next week is the Ohio State Buckeyes vs. the Michigan Wolverines. This is a prime treat-eating occasion. Every time the Buckeyes score a touchdown, my mom screams TOUCHDOWN!, dances around the room, and gives me a cookie. And if she asks me what I think about MICHIGAN, I growl, and she gives me a cookie. I can't wait!

The bad news is that I am a cone-head. My people won't leave me alone (or go to sleep) without putting my e-collar on me because I still lick my paws when they're not looking. That makes me cranky. Last night I woke my mom up 4 times - she tried to let me outside, but I wouldn't go. I just wanted her to take the cone off, but no luck. That made HER cranky!

Don't I look much cuter without the cone?

11 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Gracie is adorable, Lenny! You'll have fun romping with her for sure!
I have never worn the lampshade so I don't actually know what it's like but I hear it's no fun at all. Try not to lick and chew your paws so much and maybe your mom will put it on the lamp where it belongs!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Joe Stains said...

gracie is WAY cute! Mom and Dad watched that Illinois game and felt sad because our Great Gram went to Ohio State!! She watched too and was bummed out!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lenny
Sure Gracie is adorable! And you too look adorable without the conehead! Stop licking your paws and you will not see it again!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Hi Lenny,

Oh, poor you, I hated wearing the cone. I was a fan of chewing a bit of it that I could reach. Hopefully you won't have to wear it very long. My Dad is an Illinois alum, so it was party time in our house over the weekend. I got all kinds of treats and did a celebration dance/wiggle with him. It's hard for me to be too big of a fan for Illinois since Mom went to Iowa. Yes, we are a Big Ten family. So, I just love when one of the teams wins so I can get some treats! Yummy!

Your pal,
Kirby

Faya said...

Nice to meet Gracie...
Of course you look cuter without your cone and if you just stop licking your paws you won't have to wear it anymore.... I hope you will be better soon...
Kisses, Faya

Jake of Florida said...

Yeah, I had to wear the cone for about 10 days whenever I was alone and all night. Fortunately, they figured out they had to take it off when we went for walks, or I would never have found the right place to lift my leg -- peeing requires just the right sniffing.

But time will go by faster than you think!!

Woofs,

Just Harry

Asta said...

Lenny
Those cones...OH NO!!! I know what you mean..they awe tewwible, but youw mom is just twying to let you heal..and if you keep aftew youwself things will just get wowser!
Just keep thinking of how much fun you'ss have duwing the game!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Gus said...

Lenny: Gracie is a cutie...be sure to keep us posted on how fast she grows.

I had a bad bout of paw licking the summer we stayed in Santa Fe...guess the vibes weren't right for me, huh. But I ended up with bandaged paws, cause I got an infection. I think I might have been happier with the cone.

kissies
gus

Stanley said...

Lenny!

That is a great camera angle. Your head is so nice and prominent. Nodog looks his best as a conehead (but I hear that some hoomans find it TERRIBLY funny).

Hope your paws are great! Enjoy the snacking season. Keep us posted on Gracie. She is stinkin' cute! HOpe you get to meet her & sniff her soon!

Goober love,
Stanley

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Lennie, Gracie is supercute! Sorry to hear about the lampshade. They're not much fun, are they. Hope you're able to stop licking your paws soon. J x

William Tell said...

Such a cutie, I'm sure you'll have fun with your new cousin.

I don't know that I could sleep with the cone on, though Mom has threatened me a time or two with one if I don't stop scratching. That was back in my itchy days. Hope you get over your itchies soon.

William Tell