Tuesday, July 29, 2008

COMING SOON!

Hello friends! I'm sorry for not keeping up and commenting on everyone's blogs. We have been very busy here. I stayed with my friend Rosie this weekend because my parents went to St. Louis for their anniversary - I'll tell you more about that later.



It has been really sunny and warm here, and sometimes when my people let me outside to 'go' I just plop down and sunbathe, and I won't come in. It feels so good!

And I have been OVERWHELMED with entries for the Paw-Limpic Games! It is incredible. I can't believe how many talented bloggers there are out there. We are still accepting entries through Thursday, and then the judging will take place this weekend. My mom recruited some of her dog-loving friends to be the judging panel, and it's going to be a VERY difficult job for them! There have literally been hundreds of entries.

There is a new category - "Stick!" Send me your picture carrying a stick, or doing something else with it. Thank you Chef the Boxer for that suggestion.

Some of you had so many great pictures that you sent in a few for one category. If this is the case, my mom tried to put the different pictures into two different categories, if possible (like wrestling and bitey-face, for example). If that didn't work, my dad is serving as the preliminary qualifying round judge. He is looking at the entries and selecting the best one to represent that dog in the event.



Did you know that my grandparents went to the human Winter Olympics two years ago? They went to Torino, Italy.



They got to watch hockey, some downhill skiing, and they saw Joey Cheek win the gold medal in speed-skating! We like Joey Cheek because he co-founded and is the president of the group Team Darfur - a group of athletes raising awareness to help the people of Darfur.

23 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How exciting for your grandparents, Lenny! Attending the olympic games is the chance of a lifetime!
Now about the sunbathing! OMG it's way to hot to do that!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Eduardo said...

I bet that was fun going to the olympic games! You like to lay in the sun? UGH! I do not like the sun I'd rather snuggle in Mommy & Daddy's bed with the A.C on high! I can't wait for the Pawlympics! OMD! So exciting!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh Torino would have been a beautiful place to visit. My pinkies went to the 2000 Olympics in Sydney hee hee it was just down the road.
We can't wait for the pawlimpic results. It's going to be so much fun. Good luck to the judges.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Asta said...

Oh It's nice to see you back Lenny
you must be vewy busy wif youw pawlimpics..that's a vewy big job, but so fun..Mommi wishes she could have been in Torino..sounds gweat, and that speedskatew guy is tewwific!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Peanut said...

busy busy busy is good sometimes. I don't know that anyone can beat chef in the stick competition.

Eric said...

Sunbathing Lenny? Be careful - remember to put your sunblock on.

Can't wait for the Pawlimpics to start. What a great idea Lenny, high fives pal! And how exciting for your grandparents to go to the hooman copycat Olympics.

Wags, Eric x

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lenny!
The Pawlimpics pictures contest is going to be pawesome! good luck to the judges!
Sure your grandparents had a great time at the olympic games!
Happy Anniversary to your Mom and Dad!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Hi Lenny,

I love to sit in the sun too! It feels so nice sometimes just to sunbathe. Sounds like your parents will be BUSY with all the pawlimpics entry. THANK YOU to them for organizing it. I've got my paws crossed that Chicago wins the 2016 summer games. I think it would be so cool to see the olympics up close and personal just like your grandparents did!

Your pal,
Kirby

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Lenny,
I just reminded mom to submit my pics for the Pawlimpics! I can't bear to miss it for anything!!

And I hope you had your sunblock on before you sunbathe!

Asta said...

Lenny
I have something fow you..come and see
smoochie kisses
ASTA

i said...

Sunbathing? Did you manage to get an all even tan, Lenny?

Happy anniversary to your parents! Hope they have a great time!

Your grandparents are so lucky to get to go for the Olympics!

Amber-Mae said...

I'm sure your hoomans will have fun at the Olympic Games! Oooh my, I still haven't pee-mailed you my entry. I will do it tonight!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Charlie Daniels said...

I wouldn't like to be a judge that's for sure!

Cheers

Charlie

Murphey said...

My lady went to the Salt Lake City winter Olympics, and she thought they were awesome!

So cool.

Murph

P.S. we like to hang out in the sun too, but it has been way too hot here, over 100 degrees, yikes!

Deetz said...

Hi Lenny
This is Deetz....I have a stick photo on my blog about three postings down...Can I be included in the stick category?

It would be great if I could
Deetzy

Deetz said...

Can you add me to the Bone Relay too?

So Exciting
Deetzy

Georgeous said...

Drum Rolls are approaching! Will you help your pawrents and their friends?
Snuffs
George

Clover said...

Yay Olympics! And Pawlimpics! I am getting my mom to send in my entries right now!
Love Clover xo

The Cat Realm said...

I can not wait to see all the entries!!! Will you have a special blog for them where they are all posted???
we thought of participating but after looking through our photo selection I realized that there is only one category where we are REALLY good at: Sleeping. So I will see if I have to time to enter us... But we will still not be able to beat Roxy and Lucky, hohohohoho
Mrs. OZ

Cairo The Boxer said...

I am really excited about the up coming Olympics

Simba and Jazzi said...

Sounds like you have all been very busy. I'd better find a stick to have my photo taken with.

Simba x

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh that must have been terrific!!! We can't wait to see all the pictures! Love an dkisses A+A Read our post ABOUT THE COYOTE PL SAW IN OUR ARBORETUM!!!!!!! oh boy....

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i think your pawlympics is the most popular contest ever in DWB...