Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My vacation

Well, I have an apology to make. I thought the title of my last post was a clever twist on "Boston Tea Party" - the historical event of 1773. It didn't occur to me that it sounded like I was meeting up with Boston Terriers! That would have made our get-together even better, if Ruby and Joe and Tanner and my other B-T buddies could have been there. I am not so clever after all.

Let me tell you about the rest of my vacation. So after being in the car for two straight days, we finally got to my grandparents' house, and met up with Walter, the weiner dog. The people put us right back in the car because we were off to camp for the weekend while they went to my mom's sister's wedding.



This is the sign we saw when we arrived at camp. I knew right away I would like this place!!!

The owner used to breed foxies like me, and the whole office was covered in terrier pawraphenalia. This was my favorite item:



But Walter also felt right at home - there was also a dachshund greeting us at the front door, and two other dachshunds boarding there.



It was a nice place. They took good care of us while the people went to the big party.


Here's my grandparents at the rehearsal dinner, having fun without me and Walter. They didn't even save any leftovers for us.


Here's my parents at the wedding. My mom was in the wedding party so she wore a fancy dress.


And this is my aunt and my new uncle! Congratulations Annie and John!

Once they got back from the wedding, they came and got us and we all went to the lake in Maine! There were 12 people and 2 dogs staying in the house, so it was pretty packed.


I enjoyed some relaxation, floating around with my mom and nana.
Look what they did to poor Walter before he got on a boat:



He fell in the water once, so it was a good thing he was wearing his life preserver. He's not used to swimming.

And neither am I, but my dad didn't get the message.



I HATE BEING WET!!!



My people have a family Olympics ever summer that inspired the Paw-Limpic Games!



Don't forget to email me your entries for the different events! They are due by July 31st. Also, if you want to be in the world bone relay, let me know too.

I will share the rest of my vacation pics tomorrow, along with more Pawlimpics info, and pictures of my early BIRTHDAY PRESENTS that arrived yesterday from two very special Airedales!!!

16 comments:

Pei In The Life said...

That's a nice lake Lenny. My Grandpawrents have a lake a lot like yours. Looks like you had Great Fun and Adventures! -Bolo http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Molly the Airedale said...

What an awesome vacation but boy, Lenny - you look like a drown rat when you got out of the lake! We give you LOTS of credit if you really hate water that much! No way would they get me in there!
A little bird told us that you had a birthday coming up! We hope you've got pizza and ice cream written down as your birthday dindin!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sharon said...

It looks like you are having lots of fun! What a great vacation!

Barklove!
Rusty
http://chasingsquirrelswithrusty.wordpress.com

Georgeous said...

What a lovely pitures of your family! Mummy explained to me about the boston terriers, she's a bit smarter than me.
Note to self: Don't go near water with Lenny's Dad.
Love 'n' snuffs
Georgeous

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lenny!
Congratulations to Annie and John!
Please forgive my mom but she is laughing looking at your picture where you are coming out to the water!
Tell us more about your vacation!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

the many Bs said...

hi Lenny, it looks like you had a pretty good vacation. we love that lake. you look pretty cute with your leggies all wet and skinny. be sure to start nagging your parents now for special treats on your barkday. humans need a lot of reminding.

woofs.

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow Lenny...

Ya sure had a swell time on yer vacation....the wedding looks like it was fun...too bad ya didn't get ta go....we never get ta go ta those pawties either....but ya probably had a better one at the camp.....I think ya should stay outta the water...ya look pretty wet 'n cold in the picture....maybe ya needed a lifejacket just like Walter....

Dewey Dewster here....

COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

Wow, that looks liek loads of fun. I keep forgetting to email you photos of myself and my sisters for the pawlympics.

I would have loved that lake. I don't mind getting wet at all. Mother often gets me nice and cool before an agility run by wetting down my coat. I find it quite refreshing.

Glad you are back from your trip. I cannot wait to see more!!

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Lenny

Thanks for the tip. I won't go near the water when your Dad is around! I don't really like water ... yet!

Cheers

Charlie

Joe Stains said...

you look TOTALLY mad to be wet, i feel the same way. Your parents looked SO nice for the wedding!

Winnie Woo said...

Hi Lenny, I've been hearing about your paw-limpics all over and thought I'd check out this famous foxie blog. fun reading and love the wet dock look.
Licks,
Winnie Woo

Frasier said...

Hi Lenny
You look so skinny when you are wet!
Daddy just bought a chopper from a guy in Maine and I wish I had decided to personally deliver it as it looks like fun..maybe not the swimming portion!
Mom and Dad look great in the wedding pics.
Frasier

Eric said...

Hi Lenny,

That camp you satyed at looks the business and the lake in Maine too. I'm with you on the water thing pal... horrid stuff. You look wetter than the fishies!!!

Wags, Eric x

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Lenny, nice photos! You look rather sad getting out of the water. Made me feel cold and shivery lookin' at you! J x

PS What skinny legs you have, just like me!

erin said...

I hate getting wet too, Lenny. But other than that, it looked like you had a good time. My girl promised me that I'd get to go on a vacation next year. I think I need to get out more so I'm going to hold her to that.
Woof,
Keeley

Agatha and Archie said...

Oohhh look at you in that boat!!! It looks like a simply FABULOUS vacation!! Love and kisses A+A