Friday, July 11, 2008

More vacation!


One night all the people played with sparklers out by the campfire. I stayed in and snoozed, but they still included me in on the fun, in spirit. I missed out on the marshmallows, though.


One day, I went with my parents and my mom's dad to climb a mountain in New Hampshire!


Back when we lived in NH, about 4 years ago, we used to go hiking all the time, and I loved it. This time, I did not have as much energy as I used to when we got close to the top - I must be getting OLD! But no one had to carry me. It's a good thing we didn't bring Walter the weiner dog because he would definitely need to be carried. It was a tough mountain (Mt. Israel).


The scenery was gorgeous. It was definitely worth the hike up.


My people really miss living in NH - there aren't many mountains where we are in Indiana!

And of course, we went to Boston and saw Agatha & Archie, Toffee & Riley! You've already seen those pictures, but here I am, Big City Dog.


After a wonderful week we had to drive back home. On our second driving day, my parents decided to take a little detour to a place called Niagara Falls.


I did not like this place. There was water in the air, and it was so noisy. It sounded EXACTLY like the bathtub - but HUGE! My mom tried to pick me up and I tried to run away - I thought she was going to throw me in.





So we made it home safe and sound, and I have had a lot of energy since we got back. It was definitely a relaxing and refreshing trip!

I am looking forward to this evening - we are going to a cookout! There are going to be two dogs there - Jenga, a puppy, and Scout, who is about 2 and just got neutered on Wednesday. I think he might be a little cranky. The people who are hosting the cookout are dog-sitting for them, and they also happen to be our judges for the Paw-Limpic Games! They are my parents' friends, objective dog-lovers. They are not getting any sneak previews of entries, I promise.

And I am excited that tomorrow I am turning a very wise and mature-sounding ten years old. :) It's my grandpa's birthday too - he's even more mature-sounding. (But in dog years, I am much older than him.)

Pawlimpics updates coming SOON!

22 comments:

Pei In The Life said...

WOW Lenny! That looked like FUN! Mommy was talking about putting my name in sparklers just yesterday! And right in time for your birthday too! I sent you birthday wishes in my blog, pop by and have a look.
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, mom has always wanted to see Niagra Falls and you got there before she did, Lenny! Lucky you!
Are you and your grandpa going to share cake together? How cool is this!
We tagged you and you mom! Check out our blog! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus said...

Lenny: that is one heck of a lot of water! Glad your mom decided not to throw you in. By the way my pal, you are looking pretty slim and trim in those photos. Share your secret with pudgy me, please.

kisses
gussie

Girasol said...

Had I never been at Niagara Falls before, I want to go someday. It looks amazing.

Lacy said...

w00f's Lenny, dat wood b bad to haff to haff a baff in all that water...coolie picturs...sounds like u all had a pawsome trip...

b safe,
~rocky~

erin said...

Great vacation pictures, Lenny! It looks like you're having a pretty fun summer. Hope you get a lots of good eats at your cookout tonight. And have fun with those other dogs too.
Woof,
Keeley

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Lenny!!!! Wow...ya went to Niagra Falls...did ya go out on the Maidie of the Mist??? Gotta admit you don't look too excited standin' there by all that water! Mumsie went there one February for a hockey tournament for Bruvver...it was amazing at night. All that mist freezes into tiny little crystals...and they have rainbow colored lights on it. She said it looked amazing, but it was SO COLD! DA!!!!! I mean it was winter and there was ice!

So ur having a barkday? I had no idea you were um SO MATURE...flirt flirt grin!!!!! Are ya joinin' Maggie's purple hat society?? Lucky dog...I have 9 more years to wait!

HAPPIEST OF ALL POSSIBLE BARKDAYS, SWEET LENNY!!!!!

Barkin' at ya...
Scruffy, Babystan and Laciegirl

Clover said...

Looks like you had a great vacation, Lenny! The pictures are beautiful. And happy belated barkday! I am so sorry I missed it. I have to get all my pawlimpics submissions together this weekend... And I hope it's still ok if I am in the bone relay too.
Love Clover xo

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

happy barkday lenny - have a totally pawsome day buddy :)

love

opy

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I LOVE the sparklers photo! J1 was ooo-ing and ah-ing at your Niagra Falls pictures. I think I'd be like you, Lenny - distinctly unimpressed!
Still working on my pawlimpics photos - will get some to you next week. In the meantime, IT'S YOUR BARKDAY!!!! Hope you have a great day pal! J x

Charlie Daniels said...

That sparkler photo is great! Happy Barkday for tomorrow just in case I don't get back for it.

Cheers

Charlie

Simba and Jazzi said...

Mummy is so jealous, she has always wanted to go to the falls. Maybe one day.

Simba x

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday, Lenny!
Today's the day! Have a great day and pawty hard! We're thinking of you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Princess Patches said...

Happy, happy 10th barkday, Lenny! It looks like you had a pawsome vacation. We know your mom would never throw you into Niagra Falls! She loves you WAY too much! She just wanted you to see the gorgeous sights that are there. Have a really great day, buddy and happy birthday to your grandpa too!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Joe Stains said...

That sparkler trick sure is cool!! Mom has been to that niagara falls place too, she liked it, but I am sure I would HATE it.

Izzie said...

Lenny, you almost made mama cry. You see, she was born in the city of Niagara Falls NY and lived there for most of her childhood. She is always raving about what a great place it was to grow up in! GREAT pictures, says mama!

wally said...

Your vacation looks TOTES fun. I would probably be afraid of that giant shower, too.

wally t.

Simba said...

WOW! You were soooo close..yet so far from me Lenny!!! Yes...I imagine the falls must have been a bit scary...

Great pics!

wags,

Simba

Tatum Tot said...

Wow you are cute and it looks like you had lots of fun!

Peanut said...

OMdogness catching up on your posts and I have to say your vacation looks like the best time. I wish I could go on a vacation. Mountains are nice aren't they

Eric said...

Wow Lenny your name in lights!!! . Sorry I missed your barkday pal. I hope you had the best day ever. The holiday looks fantastic with the hiking and the sightseeing- apart from the very big bath.... but all the photies were lovely.

Wagging, Eric x

Ralph said...

Whoa- neat pictures!!! Is it too late to do Pawymlics?

Woof,
Ralph