Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I want to wish a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend, the lovely Airedale Maggie. She is ten years old today!

Maggie was one of my earliest buddies on DWB, and we have a special connection because we are almost twins! (except for the whole breed thing...) Maggie was born exactly two days before me.

I have not been very good lately about remembering everyone's birthdays (vacation kind of messed me up) but I did remember to send Maggie a birthday card. But she and her brother Mitch sent me a huge early birthday package full of pawsome gifts. I am so lucky!!!



The box arrived Tuesday and my dad didn't mention it until 10 p.m.!!! He said, "Hey, who's Maggie? She sent you something." He is so clueless sometimes. (When we went to Boston to the park, he asked Agatha and Archie's PLs what "roaching" was, WHILE we were roaching! How embarrassing. He just doesn't pay enough attention sometimes.)

Wow, that smells DELICIOUS! What's in there?!?


These are the amazing things that I have read about and seen on blogs but NEVER HAD!! A MOOZLE! A Moo Tube! A Rollo! And liver treats!


They sent a funny card too!

But wait - what's this?

Do you believe in love at first sight?


Ah, the Spider Stuffie. How beautiful, furry, and squeaky you are. The Spider rattles. When you chew on it, its belly grunts. Its head squeaks. And four of its legs have squeakers too! It is simply amazing.


I think my mom was even more excited than I was, though! Look what Maggie and Mitch's mom sent for her! It looks just like me, don't you think?


My dad thought since everyone else got a present, he should get the Moozle. I don't think so.

I have had a few liver treats but they are making me wait until Friday and Saturday to eat the "big stuff." My actual birthday is Saturday and we are going to a cook-out on Friday. Two dogs I have never met will be there!

Also, Saturday is my parents' 5th anniversary, so we will have to celebrate that a little bit too.


Maggie, my parents don't give me enough allowance to buy you a big box of goodies, but I did send plenty o' wiry kisses in the card! (Though I hear now that dogs can get an American Express card....hmmm....) Thank you for making my birthday special and I hope that yours is fantastic.

12 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad you opened your box early, Lenny! Now I won't feel so guilty because I did! hehehehe Enjoy the pressie and have a great cookout with your friends! Happy anniversary to your mom and dad! This is a big weekend at your house!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Girasol said...

what a great gifts Lenny!!! have fun with the spider squeaker...have a fun a weeken with your parents...enjoy the party.

Georgeous said...

OMDog Lenny, I've never heard of all this stuff either, I think I had a sheltered life until now. I can't wait to have a barkday!
Don't put your Dad down buddy - I never knew what roaching was until I visited your site and saw a picture.
Happy Barkday for soon.
Love 'n' Snuffs
George

Frasier said...

I am going to go ahead and wish you for your birthday.Have a great birthday and enjoy yourself.Remember that they will pamper you a lot and just relax and enjoy it
frasier

Eric said...

Lenny, wow what goodies. I've never heard of or seen half those goodies. Hope they are tasty.

Happy Birthday Lenny! Have a great weekend and a very Happy Anniversary to your 2 leggededs too.

I'm sending you photies for the pawlimpics soon!

Wags, Eric x

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lenny!
Happy Birthday to Maggie!
Happy Birthday to Maggie's Mom!
Happy Birthday Lenny!
Happy 5th Anniversary Lenny's mom and dad!
Happy weekend with your friends!
Happy... well... you get the idea, right?
Maggie and Mitch sent you very nice presents! Enjoy them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Gus said...

happy, happy, happy. We hope you have a great barkday.


kisses
gussie

Lacy said...

w00f's Lenny, u gonna b celebratin all weekend...dat wuz a bunch of pressies from Maggie and Mitch...

b safe,
~rocky~

Joe Stains said...

omdog, what a great box of pressies!!! You are going to have a great birthday!!

Simba and Jazzi said...

Such great presents you are very lucky.

Simba x

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Lenny, what lovely presents! You're one lucky boy! Here's hoping you have a GREAT barkday and many more! J x

Agatha and Archie said...

Lenny we are SOOOOOOOO behind on our reading!!!!!! That is soo cool!! You are one lucky little boy! Love A+A