Monday, September 8, 2008

The end, and thank you!

Sadly, friends, we have come to the end of the 2008 Summer DWB Pawlimpic Games. This has been so much fun and I can't thank everybody enough for sending in their photos, carrying the bone in the relay, for voting for Dogs' Choice awards, and for all of your kind words.

I have a few very special people I would also like to thank.

First, thank you to our esteemed judges, G and R! They are a little camera-shy and they didn't want me to post their picture on here. Also, they wanted to remain anonymous. (But if you click here, my mom did a post on her own blog a long time ago with their picture on it. Scroll about halfway down - they're both wearing red. Hee hee!) :) Thank you also to my dad, who served as preliminary judge and tie-breaker during the judging.

Thank you so much to Girasol, who made the beautiful medals, and the Pawlimpics promotional video!

Thank you so much to Verdi and Gaucho, who shared their beautiful pictures of the opening and closing ceremonies, and made the beautiful torch to pass!

Thank you so much to Asta, Molly, and Taffy, who awarded me my very own medal. What an honor!


Thank you so much to Charlie and Opy and their wonderful people for putting all the information about the Pawlimpics on the Dogs With Blogs website, and for making the PAWESOME Pawlimpics button for everyone to put on their blog!

Thank you to everyone who bought Pawlimpics merchandise from the Cafe Press site. We are sending a nice check to help the Search Dogs Foundation, thanks to you! (The search dogs have been working hard helping with the hurricanes!)

Thank you to all of the wonderful athletes and bone carriers!


And thank you to everyone who voted for the Pawlimpics Bone Relay as Post of the Month! What a great honor - I was so happy!

Who do you think won the most medals during the Games? I will soon reveal that. There were a lot of very impressive dogs! Congratulations to all of the medalists and award winners, and to all of the pawesome athletes!

I really hope I am not forgetting anybody. I really enjoyed meeting new dogs around the world and learning how talented all of my friends are! I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

28 comments:

Peanut said...

We are sad to see it end but we want to thank you for making it happen

Noah the Airedale said...

It was a pawesome event Lenny and thanks again for organising it. It was huge and we had so much fun.
As for the winner of the most medals.....hmmm does that honour go to Pacco??

tailwags
Noah

Kyanite said...

It was a superb event - I for one enjoyed it immensely.

Pats & pets
Blue

Ruby Bleu said...

Thank YOU Lenny (and your Mom) for making it happen. I can't wait for the next paw-limpics!!! I better start training!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Clover said...

Thank you Lenny!! The pawlimpics were SO much fun. I really enjoyed participating and seeing how talented all our friends are. :)
Love Clover xo

Faya said...

Thank you so much Lenny ! My dreams were full of medals and funny events....kisses for you and your humans, Faya

Asta said...

Lenny
I will nevew fowget ouw fiwst Pawlimpics!!!
It was exciting, and fun and I was soo happy to be able to be pawt of it. Thank you Lenny and youw Paents and the esteemed judges fow making it all possible!! You cewtainly desewved you gold medal and mowe..congwatulations on the Post of the momf!!!
Ouw fwiends have mowe talent than anyone would imagine
smoochie thankful kisses
ASTA

the many Bs said...

hey Lenny, that pawlimpics was so totally PAWSOME and we think that the biggest THANK YOU of all goes to YOU & YOUR MOM! thank you friends, you did a terrific job. that was so much fun. it was pawtastic!

woofs.

Yogui said...

Many Thanks to you for the marvellous "paw-limpics games". (sorry if i bark it bad, you know i bark better in spanish)
Patitas
Yogui

erin said...

Lenny, you and your humans did a wonderful job putting on the first ever Pawlimpic Games. It looks like it was a lot of work and you did a fantastic job!
Woof,
Keeley

Molly the Airedale said...

We've never had so much fun, Lenny! You and your mom put so much into this and we thank you so very, very much!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

You and your Human did the very best job ever! This was so much fun and we LOVED it. You guys deserve a nice break AND a Gold Medal for all the work you did!!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Lenny!
Thanks to you and your mom for your pawesome work!
We all enjoyed the Pawlimpics!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sweepy said...

Woofy, Lenny!
The games are over and most of the "other hound beings" in our house Heaven are still are it. What morons.

Anyway, thanks pawsome and drooly fondness for making it happen and giving us wagging joys and sloppy kisses.

I may sound like a sore loser in my barkings but in drooly truthtiness (yes, there is a word in my barktionary) I really had FUN!

I am dreaming wild dreams for the next one. Keep us posted!!

Kirby said...

Lenny,

Simply put:

BEST CONTEST EVER!

Mom and I had the best time participating in and readin about the Pawlimpics. Once again thank you for organizing. I loved being a part of it!!!!

Your pal,
Kirby

PS - I agree with Noah, I think Pacco won the most medals. He's amazing!

☮momoKo said...

Thank You so much Lenny and your mom^^Paw-limpics became the good memory for us.

The Black and Tans. said...

An amazing event Lenny. Thank you so much for organising it.
It will surely be the talk of the Dog world for many years to come....well until the next one!!!!!!!!

Molly and Taffy

Simba and Jazzi said...

Great job, well done.

Simba x

Charlie Daniels said...

Thanks Lenny & Mum!

I know how much effort you put into organising such a fantastic event. It was so much fun and everything you did is greatly appreciated.

So how long do I hold on to the Bone from the Relay for! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Agatha and Archie said...

Dearest pal, IT WAS THE MOST FUN EVER!!! WE are going to start working for the next one in 4 years...You and your peeps did a fabulous job!! Tnakyou thankyou!! Love and kisses A+A

Chef said...

And thank you for making the Pawlympics happen! You did an amazing job, Lenny!

xox
Chef

Jake of Florida said...

Lenny,

It was one of the best events ever. Thank you to everybody -- canine and human -- who participated!!!

Jake and Just Harry

Lady Kaos said...

We are also sad to see the end has come. You did a wonderful job!! Thank you for organizing this and thanks to the people you thanked, too. You all did a great job! Great job to all the athletes!!
Kaos

Urban Smoothie Read said...

we will see the next pawlimpics in 4 yrs time...

Sharon said...

This was so much fun to watch! Thanks for putting it together and thanks to everyone who helped you! YEA! I plan to enter events in the next Pawlimpics!

Barklove,
Rusty

Unknown said...

Lenny
it was a grate event and you work on it was perfect..congratulations...
send you all our love..
pd: we must preparing jet for the next ..

Biggie-Z said...

Lenny, the Pawlimpics was awesome!!! and it was so much fun to meet so many new doggy friends.

Pacco, my heroine, won the most medals (but I didn't do too badly myself)!

P.S. I'm meeting a kitten tonight! yeah!

erin said...

Lenny,
The Pawlimpics were totally pawsome! You and your humans did a great job! I'm sure it took a lot of dedication too. It was terrific, my girl and my grandma were checking in on the events every day. Great job!
Woof,
Keeley